Islamorada Seamounts - GPS Coordinates
Artificial and natural reefs in Florida. Get gps coordinates, lat, long readings of fishing reef locations around the state:
These seamounts, or humps, are like a mountain top rising up from the ocean floor, but they do not reach to the waters surface. These locations are often referred to as the hump, and are also known as Florida Keys offshore hump fishing grounds and are very popular fishing locations.
These oasis in the middle of deep waters provide a rich habitat for sealife to survive and thrive in an area that they would not normally habitate. It provides a much sought after habitat for marine species that are not found on the deeper ocean bottom. Seamounts are vital havens and feeding areas for many migratory marine animals. Sea predators and pelagics like dolphin, wahoo, blackfin tuna, billfish and other gamefish come to feed on the smaller fishes and sealife like squid, flying fish, cigar minnows and more.
• Islamorada Hump GPS: 24-48.175' N; 80-26.674' W Loran: 14098.3; 43266.4 Depth: 294 ft.
• Key Largo Hump GPS: 25-00.661' N; 80-16.8'W Loran: 14133.7; 43217.8 Depth: 280-330 ft.
• Marathon Hump (West Hump) GPS: 24-25.528' N; 80-45.328' W Loran: 14032.3; 43358.5 Depth: 516 ft.
• 409 Hump GPS: 24-35.5' N; 80-35.5' W Loran: 14064.6; 43311.8 Depth: 409 ft.
• Reefs in Pinellas County
• Reefs in Ten Thousand Islands
• Reefs of Southwest Florida
• Islamorada Seamounts